1. Age: The minimum age for the 5km Fun Run is 10 years of age. The minimum age for the 10km is 12 years of age.The minimum age for the Half Marathon is 18 years of age and the minimum age for the Marathon is 20 years of age. All ages are taken on the day.
2. Transfers: My accepted entry will be transferred to another person, distance or category, as long as any increase in fees, has been paid in full. After 24 April 2019 there are no person to person transfers, and all distance or category transfers must be done at registration. Transfers do not apply to future years, or if the new entrant is ineligible due to age.
3. Refunds: Entry fee refunds requested up until 30 November 2018 will receive 75% of their entry fee. Entry fee refunds requested from 1 December 2018 to 13 April 2019 will receive 50% of their entry fee. Unfortunately, entry fees are non-refundable from 13 April 2019 and we cannot refund entry fees after this date. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser before 13 April 2019. No entry fees will be refunded after this date (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any refund request on downgrade between event distances).
4. In the event of any ‘Act of God’ causing a cancellation of the event, or personal circumstances preventing me from participating, my total entry fee is non-refundable.
5. I hereby release the event manager and Athletics New Zealand, their officers, directors, volunteers, employees, sponsors or any party associated with the event of any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise whether or not by negligence, from any direct or indirect loss, injury or death which might be sustained by me or any other party directly or indirectly associated with me, from my intended or actual participation in the event and its related activities.
6. I hereby permit the free use of my name, voice or picture to be used in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or in any other way relating to this event pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
7. Athletics New Zealand (“ANZ”) is committed to ensuring that all athletes compete on a level playing field. By entering and competing at the Rotorua Marathon, all participants and their support personnel are agreeing to be bound, and to abide by, ANZ’s rules and regulations, including the World Anti-Doping Agency Code, and that they may be tested at any time, to which they consent. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in action being taken against that participant and / or support personnel in accordance with these terms and conditions and / or those rules, regulations and / or code, which may include refusal of entry or disqualification from the event. To understand more about anti-doping, the rules and your responsibilities, please visit the Athletics New Zealand website.
8. I acknowledge that the Event Organisers have absolute discretion in accepting my entry, which may be revoked at any time.
9. I have read and agree to all the safety information, rules and conditions above and on the accompanying pages.